Here is a secret. I don’t usually make my flours from scratch. Shh!
Wait, that’s right, I don’t care. Here is why – I love to make things for my son and he doesn’t care where it comes from, as long as its safe for him, he is happy.
You’ve heard me say it before; I love Betty Crocker gluten free mixes. They are safe and free from gluten, nuts, eggs, and oats. To make this recipe, I added my quick Betty Crocker brownie mix, with some other ingredients, and it was a masterpiece!
Here is what I did:
- 1 box Betty Crocker GF brownie mix
- ¾ cup of all-purpose GF flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 stick Earth Balance Vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 colorful peppermint candy canes
- Preheat your oven at 350 and line your cookie sheet
- In a small bowl add milk, butter, sugar, and both extracts. Mix well
- In a bowl (or standing mixer bowl) combine all other ingredients.
- Slowly add into your standing mixer bowl, your small bowl mixture. Allow this standing mixture to remain on medium
- The mixture should be more wet than normal
- Use a table spoon to add mixture to your baking sheet in desired amounts. Flatten before adding your candy cane crumbles to the top
- Bake for 10-12 minutes – let stand for 6 minutes
Free From: Gluten, Eggs, Dairy, Nuts. Vegan