Many of my recipes actually become “recipes” because I’m messing around in the kitchen. Like my Dad always says “Cooking is just confidence”.
This recipe for broccoli tots was a mixture between confidence and really wanting to use new ingredients I found that were Gluten Free and Vegan.
They are a huge hit at my table!
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil (I use garlic infused olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs (Ian’s Panko – Italian GF Breadcrumbs)
- Onion powder to taste
- S+P (To taste)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Daiya Dairy free Cheese
- Boil Broccoli for 2 minutes so it’s cooked but not soft (Drain and Rinse with cool water)
- Thinly Chop Broccoli
- In a mixing bowl combine chopped broccoli, olive oil, GF bread crumbs, and spices
- Combined with your cheese preference
- Let mixture cool for 30 minutes in the fridge
- Form small tot like balls by pressing firmly together and place on a coated cookie sheet (don’t worry if they slightly relax, the cheese will help form them together)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees
Contains: May contain Dairy based on the cheese you choose
Brand: Ian’s GF Bread Crumbs – Italian // Daiya Cheese : Vegan Cheese
Ian’s GF bread crumbs contain: no wheat or gluten, no milk or casein, no eggs & no nuts
Free from: gluten, wheat, milk, eggs and nuts.